Thank You for Choosing BrightMinds Online School as Part of Your Studies.We are delighted to have you as a member of our growing global community of e-learners The following are our school’s academic and administrative policies and expectations. Please take the time to carefully review them.
1. Course Fee:
|Non-credit||Grade 1-8||Grade 9||Grade 10||Grade 11||Grade 12|
|International Students with Study Permit||$199||$1500||$1500||$1500||$1500||$1500|
|International Students Without Study Permit||$199||$1500||$1500||$1500||$1500||$1500|
3. Transfer Policy: You have the option of transferring from one course to another within the first two weeks of each semester’s start date. If you request a transfer, an administrative fee of $50 will be required as the preliminary work of registration will have to be repeated by our staff.
4. Extension Policy: All our semesters have a clear start and end date as indicated under our school semesters. You have the opportunity to extend a course within the last two weeks of each semester if you are unable to complete the course by its original end date. Request for an extension and payment can be done online and through our website:
- a course can only be extended from its original end date for a maximum of 4 weeks;
- extensions do not apply to Spring (April to June) and Summer (July-August) courses;
- extensions are non-refundable.
- an Ontario Student Transcript (OST) OR
- a Credit Counselling Summary OR
- an Ontario Provincial Report Card OR
- An equivalent document in English
6. Attendance Policy: Attendance plays an important role in your success in the course and as such you are encouraged to maintain an ongoing presence in the e-learning portal. You are required to log in to your student account at least once a week (Monday to Sunday) to be considered Present in the course.
- Students who are enrolled in the Fall, Winter, and Spring courses are required to be present at least 7 out of the 11 weeks of instruction.
- Students who are enrolled in the Summer credit courses are required to be present at least 4 out of the 6 weeks of instruction.
8. Plagiarism Plagiarism occurs when you present another person’s work as your own. To ensure the integrity of the course and the credit, your online instructors will use a variety of software and commercial search engines to detect material that has been plagiarized. Any case of academic dishonesty will be reported to the administration and one or more of the following actions will be taken:
- You will be required to redo the work;
- You will be given an opportunity to demonstrate expectations on an alternative assignment;
- Your parent/guardian will be informed if plagiarism becomes a reoccurring issue (two or more incidents);
- You will be assigned a task related to the ethics and morals of cheating and/or plagiarism;
- You may be suspended/expelled from the course if more than five incident occurs.
***Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ***
- Email Response Time: Your e-learning instructor will reply back to your academic inquiry within 2 business days and admin staff will respond back to your administrative questions within 1 business day of the receipt time.
- Feedback Response Time: Where applicable, your e-learning instructor will provide descriptive feedback to you on the work submitted within 5 business days of the receipt time.
- Marking Response Time: Your e-learning instructor will mark your work within 5 business days of the receipt time.
- Final Report Cards are issued 5 business days after the exam is written.
10. Understanding AFL/AAL/AOL Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the three types of assessment.
|Assessment For Learning (AFL)||Assessment As Learning (AAL)||Assessment Of Learning (AOL)|
|Purpose||To provide descriptive
||1. To provide descriptive feedback to myself (self-assessment) or to my peers (peer assessment) 2. To become a reflective, self-monitoring learner||1. To assign a grade 2. To determine your achievement level|
11. Final Exam Policy: At BrightMinds, final exams are closed book and must be written under the supervision of a designated proctor during the exam week. Final exam information is shared with you ahead of time and under the course announcement. At BrightMinds, final exam is the last evaluation activity (AOL) collected. Once final exam is written, no missing evaluation activity (AOLs) will be accepted. You have the following exam options:
- In Person Examination: You can write the exam, free of charge in our Markham office with a prior appointment. We are located at: Unit 103-8312 McCowan Rd. Unionville ON L3P 8E1. Appointments can be made by email: Info@BrightMindsOnlineSchool.ca
- Online Examination: You can write the exam online, for a fee, paid directly to Proctor U.
- Proctor U Account;
high-speed internet connection;
webcam (internal or external);
Windows or Mac Operating System;
Government-issued photo ID.
12. Code of Conduct: By taking an online course, you have joined a community of virtual learners. From administrative to academic staff, to you as a student and to your fellow classmates, we are all required to adhere to certain policies and expectations. Examples of inappropriate behavior include but are not limited to:
- Using inappropriate and/or abusive language or conduct;
- Posting racially, culturally or religiously offensive language, images, and files;
- Posting defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, pornographic or sexually explicit texts, files, and images;
- Sending messages of sexual harassment or which contains inappropriate romantic overtones;
- Attempting to hide, disguise or misrepresent the identity of the sender.